Monday, October 26, 2015

Change In The Wind

There is a change in the trade winds
I can feel them flapping my wings
With a bird's eye view I can see
Something in the clouds up ahead.
Stirring with lightning I rescind
The pathways that are behind clippings.


For past that lightning is a tree
From which I can perch and shed
All the feathers that are dull and old
Just like the tomes that I now hold
Fleeing south for the winter I will
For there are no storms in that still
And calm, the breeze carries forth
Unlike the coldness in the north.

A wise owl told me of the woodwinds
That lay beyond the bordering springs
I'll fly over that ocean blue sea

With my new feathers wide spread.

"Look at where you are now, and wonder where you would have been if the winds decided to carry you elsewhere. Where would you be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment